2.5 TONNE TWIN CAPSTAN WINCHES
Used by Telephone, Utility companies and Contractors throughout the
world, the 'Fairy' has been known for 20 years or more as the 'THE'
Since Underground systems purchased the design and manufacturing rights
in 1999 the most commonly used 2 tonne model has undergone a total
engineering redesign but still maintains the famous twin capstans
and precision rope layering features that made it famous.
The winch has now been re-badged the 'Fairey 2500' having new hydraulics,
new trailer chassis, new diesel engine and totally enclosed housing,
complete with sound deadening, for super silent operation. The designation
'2500' relates to its increased pulling capacity to 2500kgs. A true
2.5 tonne winch.
- Max Line Tension - 2500Kgs.
- Max rope speed @ no Load - 50 metres/min
- Max rope speed @ max tension - 10 metres/min
- Rope diameter - 8mm
- Wire rope length - 500 metres (optional
- Trailer width - 1.65 mtrs.
- Trailer length - 3.30 mtrs.
- Overall height - 1.20 mtrs.
- Weight - 1300 Kgs
- Fuel capacity 25 litres @ 85%
- Hydraulic oil cap. 65 litres
- Engine - Lombardini 3 cylinder water-cooled
Diesel. 12.5kW @ 2400rpm
Further models currently being re-engineered and developed
For a full technical specification or to discuss your winch requirements
us or please call us on ++44 (0) 1767 691414.